Go directly to content Go directly to footer

On this Page

Lodging an appeal

Have you lodged an objection to our decision? And did we reject that objection? If so, you can lodge an appeal with the court. This must be done within 6 weeks of our decision on your objection.

Information about how to lodge an appeal and the related costs can be found at www.rechtspraak.nl (Dutch). All steps are clearly explained on that website. On the website, you can also complete an online notice of appeal and send it immediately using your DigiD. You can also send the completed notice of appeal by post.

If you prefer to send the notice of appeal by post, you can send it to the court yourself. The court to which you must send it will be stated in the decision on your objection.

Have the name of the court at hand when you start filling in the notice of appeal. Do you not or no longer have our response to your objection showing the name of the court? Then call our Service Team. They can look it up for you.

You are not obliged to hire a lawyer. But know that there is free legal assistance available for lodging an appeal. A lawyer under the free legal aid scheme can assist you free of charge before and during the appeal proceedings.

Share this page